Thursday, January 24
- 8th GBB vs. Watertown @ North Middle School; 4:00
- 7th GBB vs. Watertown @ Endeavor Elementary; 4:00
- 7th/8th BBB vs. Watertown @ Watertown Middle School; 4:00
- Wrestling: Boys Triangular vs. Aberdeen Central, Watertown @ Aberdeen Civic Arena; 5:00pm
- Variety Show, NMS PAC; 7:00 (see below)
Friday, January 25
- Gymnastics: Girls JV Invitational vs. Mitchell @ Mitchell High School; 5:30
Saturday, January 26
- Wrestling: Boys Varsity Invitational vs. Brookings @ Brookings High School; 9:00
- Gymnastics: Girls Varsity Invitational vs. Deuel @ Deuel Gymnastics Center; 12:00
Saturday, January 26
- 7th GBB vs. Dell Rapids @ Dell Rapids; 10:00
- 8th GBB vs. Dell Rapids @ Dell Rapids; 10:45
Tuesday, January 29
- 8th GBB vs. South Middle @ North Middle School; 4:00
- 7th GBB vs. South Middle @ Endeavor Elementary; 4:00
- Wrestling: MS Meet vs. Brandon Valley @ Brandon Valley MS; 4:00
Wednesday, January 30
- No PM Power Hour
Wednesday, February 13
- No School
- Parent/Teacher Conferences; 2:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Thursday, February 14
- No School
Friday, February 15
- No School
Monday, February 18
- No School - President's Day
Variety Show Everyone gets a chance to take in the talent of a few select from North Middle on Thursday, January 24 at 7:00 PM in the NMS PAC. Winners will be chosen by your vote by putting $1 in buckets according to the acts that you want to win. Don't miss this!
ATTENTION 8th GRADE STUDENTS AND PARENTS:
Please see the attached letter regarding NAEP testing taking place February 19. There is no need to study in preparation for NAEP, but please encourage your child to do his or her best. A brochure that explains what participation in NAEP means for you and your child is available at http://nces.ed.gov/nationsreportcard/pdf/parents/2012469.pdf.
Contact Krista Groeneweg at 743-2567 Ext. 5178 or at Krista.Groeneweg@k12.sd.us if you have any questions.
High School Registration
It’s that time of year again to start planning for our 8th grade students to start planning for their High school. During the rest of January and February, your student will gain valuable information about the pathways that will be available to them at the high school. The students will also be exposed to information about registration and clubs for next year.
Mrs. Groeneweg handed out the pathways form to your student yesterday, January 22nd. Please go over the form with your student, sign and return them to Mrs. Groeneweg no later than February 13th. During the dates of February 4-7th, Mrs. Groeneweg will be preparing your student for HS registration. This information will be shared with you by your student and his/her advisory teacher, the night of conferences. If you would have additional questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Groeneweg or set up an appointment to meet with her. Krista.Groeneweg@k12.sd.us or 743-2567 Ext. 5178 The letter attached has important dates, which include parent night sessions that will share valuable information about both pathways.
North Middle School Registration - Upcoming dates:
Personalized Learning Information Nights
- February 6 and 11: 5th and 6th grade parent information session from 6:30-8:00. If you or your child are interested in registering for the Personalized Learning program in 7th grade, this would be a great way to find out more about the program.
6 & 7th Grade: Testing for Advanced students:
- Testing for the advanced program started January 15. Testing dates are January 29, 31, February 1 and 2.
- Parents interested in having their child assessed for the advanced program placement can contact Mrs. Olinger (firstname.lastname@example.org).
North Middle School Program Registration will be February 13, during conferences.
North Middle School Parking Lot
Please be courteous and vigilant as you enter and exit the North Middle School parking lot. As our building continues to grow, it is critical that we all take a common sense, neighborly approach for when you either drop off or pick up your student. A few reminders:
- We have several students with leg injuries whose parents require access to the handicap parking spaces. Do not park in a handicap spot without a parking tag. In addition, do not block a handicap spot.
- Please pull forward as far as you can while waiting for your student to leave the building. The pickup lane extends all the way to the east end of the building.
- Keep your eyes open for students being dropped off in the outer lane.
- Do not park in the street. If the pick-up line extends past the parking lot boundaries, be sure to find a spot to park in the parking lot.
We have a lot of amazing things happening at HNMS, and we don't always hear about it. If you have a positive comment to share about a student or a teacher, fill out a ROAR Call so we can share the positive feedback. Please know we do automatically track emails of respondents, so we do know who makes submissions. If you have negative feedback please let Mr. Fesler or Mrs. Olinger know directly. You'll find the link below "Current Families" under the Explore tab on our website https://www.harrisburgdistrict...
Athletic Home Games Concessions Volunteers
Parents, we are looking for volunteers to help with concessions during our games. The money made during concessions helps support our school and raise money for WEB, PBIS and the additional needs of our students and staff. Please contact Krista Groeneweg (email@example.com) if you are interested in helping.
FROM THE COUNSELOR...
Feeding SD: Back Pack Program Harrisburg North Middle School is again partnering with Feeding South Dakota’s Back Pack Program throughout the 2018-2019 school year. The program begins in late September and continues through the end of May. The BackPack Program is designed to fill the hunger gap that exists from Friday evening until Monday morning when the children are back in school and have access to the breakfast and lunch programs. If you are interested in being a part of this program please fill out the form (http://harrisburgdistrict41-2.org/o/north-middle-school/browse/36743) return it to Mrs. Groeneweg (School Counselor). If you have additional questions/concerns please Contact Mrs. Groeneweg at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 743-2567. Ext. 5178
Feeding South Dakota also uses donated dollars to purchase the food for this program. Please carefully consider your family’s economic status to determine if the food assistance is needed by your child(ren). The goal of the program is to provide food to children who are hungry on a regular basis. If you are able to make do without this assistance, please allow the program to be used by others with a greater need.
Harrisburg Baseball Association
- Harrisburg Baseball Association: Registration is open for the 2019 Summer Recreation Baseball and Softball Programs. Register today at www.harrisburgtigersbaseball.com.
- See the flyer as well for more information https://www.harrisburgdistrict...
Siouxland Libraries is doing a reading program incorporating the SD Teen Choice Awards titles from now until April 1, 2019. For each book on the SD Teen Choice Awards list that a teen reads, they can enter for one of 16 raffle baskets. The list of the titles, voting, information and pictures of the raffle baskets are here, https://siouxlandlib.readsquar... . The baskets range in themes from Harry Potter to Fortnite to Table-Top Games to Art. It is open for all 6th-12th graders who either live in the Siouxland Libraries service area or have a card.
Have a great rest of your week!
Harrisburg North Middle School
2201 W. 95th
Street Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Phone: 605-743-2567 (office extension: 3008)
Attendance Email: NMSAttendance@harrisburg.k12.sd.us
Like us on Facebook! Harrisburg North Middle School
Twitter: Check us out at @H_M_S and #HNMSPride!
Safety Policy-- Please be aware that a safety plan has been put into place by the Harrisburg School District. If the office staff is unfamiliar with the individual who is visiting or signing out a student, they will need to show identification. If parents arrange for someone other than themselves to pick up their student, please make them aware of our policy and inform the office of whom will be coming. Thank you.
Winter Weather Letter- Please see the letter from Superintendent Holbeck regarding winter weather procedures. http://harrisburgdistrict41-2....